Soho Brewing • Trade Marks • Privacy & Cookies Policy
SOHO BREWING TRADE MARKS
Soho Brewing Limited has protected its SOHO labels by trade mark registrations in the EU, UK and USA.
1. Who we are
Soho Brewing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 08685339) and with its registered office address at Sovereign House, Shaftsbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8HQ, and is referred to as “SOHO BREWING”, “we”, or “us” within this policy. Soho Brewing is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the supervisory authority in the UK for personal data compliance.
Under the Data Protection Laws that apply in the UK, we are a Data Controller of the personal data we collect for our business. A data controller is an organisation that collects and uses personal data and has control over how the data is used, and for what purpose (“Data Controller”).
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
SOHO BREWING is committed to protecting your personal data. We will at all times comply with our obligations as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Laws. In this policy, when we refer to the “Data Protection Laws” we mean all laws, regulations and guidance that apply in the UK to protect personal data and privacy, and which include the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any future laws that replace or change these laws.
• collect the minimum amount of personal data required, and only personal data that is relevant and necessary for the purposes for which it is collected;
• ensure that your personal data is used lawfully, fairly and transparently; and we will provide you with clear information about how and why we collect and use your personal data;
• help you to exercise your legal rights regarding your personal data;
• correct and update your personal data when you inform us of changes;
• ensure that your personal data is stored securely and protected from being revealed or used by third parties without your consent, or from being accidentally destroyed or deleted or used in any way that is not lawful; and
• keep your personal data only for as long as we need it.
To help us meet our commitment to you it is important that you keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us or if you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect.
3. What personal data do we collect about you?
In this policy ‘personal data’ means any information that can be used to identify you, such as your name or address.
We may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
• your name and title
• your age
• your postal address, e-mail address and phone number(s);
• information about you contained within any correspondence and communications with SOHO BREWING;
• your preferences around receiving marketing communications from us;
• your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website; and
• information about usage and browsing and your online activities when you enter or interact with our Website.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. How we will use your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we are permitted to do so by law and have a lawful basis to use it. Generally, we will use your personal data for the following lawful bases:
• when you give your consent to receive our newsletter and updates, and to receive any marketing communications by email or phone (please see the Marketing and Advertising section below for further information);
• where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override such interests. For example, we may use your personal data for research or analysis purposes to enhance our users’ experience and improve our product offering, such as by analysing personal data we collect from you and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern our users’ interests, demography and other information; and to ensure that the content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for your use;
• to perform our agreement with you if you choose to enter into any of our competitions or prize draws and you agree to our terms and conditions; or
• where we need it to comply with a legal obligation where we need to disclose personal data for the prevention and investigation of fraud and other crimes, to comply with an investigation or direction from a regulator or the ICO (or other supervisory authority), or as part of a court action.
5. Marketing and Advertising
We strive to enable you to have choices around marketing and advertising. We will use your contact and other personal data to provide you with information about our products and services which we think will be of interest to you if you have consented to receive marketing communications from us by opting in to receiving marketing through our Website.
We will not send you marketing communications without your consent.
You may unsubscribe at any time from email marketing communications via a link at the bottom of each email message, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages at a later date, this opt-out will not apply to any personal data provided to us before you choose to opt out.
6. Change of Purpose
7. Sharing your personal data
We will only share your personal data with third parties who have a need to use it for legitimate purposes. Such third parties include:
• our business partners, suppliers, consultants, agents, legal and professional advisers, service providers and sub-contractors who support us in running our business; and
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We require all our sub-contractors, service providers and other third parties with whom we share personal data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. We do not allow our third-party service providers and suppliers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will not share your personal data with any other parties without your consent except in the following circumstances:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if SOHO BREWING is acquired by a third party; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our legal rights; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SOHO BREWING, our staff, suppliers, customers, or others.
We do not transfer or share your personal data with any organisations outside the European Economic Area.
8. Keeping your personal data secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, or from being unlawfully altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your personal data only to those of our partners, advisers, consultants, service providers and sub-contractors and other third parties (as described above) who have a business need to know. They will only process personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the supervisory authority of a breach where we are required to do so under the Data Protection Laws.
9. How long will we hold your personal data?
We will hold your data for only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected and for no longer than the period permitted or required by law. Once we no longer require your personal data, it will be deleted.
To determine the appropriate length of time for storage of personal data, we take into consideration the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the possible risk of harm to you, the purposes the personal data was collected, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and what are our legal requirements in the circumstances. We also retain certain records for a period after your relationship with us ends in case of complaints or if we may need records for claims, disputes, investigations or if there is a prospect of litigation from our relationship with you. Please contact us if you have a query about storage of your personal data.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data – as described in the Your personal data rights section below.
10. Your personal data rights
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have rights in relation to your personal data. The law allows you to make the following requests about your personal data:
• access and receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you (known as a “data subject access request”) and receive information about processing of your data;
• correct personal data we hold about you if it is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete;
• erase or delete your personal data if you have reason to believe it is being processed unlawfully or (in your opinion) we have no good reason for continuing to hold it;
• object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and you feel that the processing is harmful to your fundamental rights and freedoms;
• restrict how we use your personal data where you wish us to stop processing in order to check that our records are accurate or you want to verify whether we have lawful grounds to process it;
• request a transfer of your personal data to you or a third party; or
• withdraw consent to use your personal data, however this right will apply only where we have previously asked for your consent.
We strive to meet all requests free of charge and aim to provide a written response within one month of receiving your request. Occasionally it may take longer if your request is complex or where we need further information from you – we will notify you if this is the case. We reserve the right to charge for requests that are unfounded, excessive or repetitive. Alternatively, we may refuse an unreasonable request.
If you contact us with a request, we may need to request information from you to verify your identity and your right to access personal data (or exercise other legal rights). We are obliged to do this to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who is not authorised to receive it. We may also need to ask you for further information relating to your request.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with certain requests where specific legal reasons apply, which we will notify to you in our written response.
To make a request or to discuss any of your personal data rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com
You have a right to complain about our use of your personal data to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
12. Links to external sites
Our Website may contain links to external websites, plug-ins and/or applications. When you follow a link to an external website, please note that you are leaving our Website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website.
SOHO BREWING cannot control or guarantee any content or information contained in a linked external website and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. We also do not endorse the organisations or individuals maintaining the websites that we link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
14. Contacting Us
Alternatively, you can write to us by post to Soho Brewing Limited, Sovereign House, 212-224 Shaftsbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8HQ.
We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
SOHO BREWING COOKIES POLICY
Cookies on our Website
What is a ‘cookie’?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, make online purchases or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies: which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our Website, and enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third Party cookies:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Except for essential cookies, all SOHO BREWING cookies will expire after you end your session or close your browser. Please see third-party cookie policies for details on third-party cookie expiry periods.
Where you are signed up as an email subscriber, messages sent from SOHO BREWING to you may include a tracking pixel which is used to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed.Back to Home page